Mr Leach is a Neurosurgeon with an interest in elite sports injuries including Concussion and Spine.
The Concussion Clinic is unique collaboration between Neurosurgical and Sports Medicine Specialists offering bespoke clinical, neuropsychological and eye movement assessment and screening for elite athletes with sports related concussion. Our clients include professional boxers, Super League and Premiership rugby players and footballers.
Mr Leach is a spinal specialist and Clinical Lead for Spinal Neurosurgery at Salford Royal – the UK’s busiest such unit. Spinal conditions often treated in elite athletes include disc prolapse and lumbar stress fractures (pars defects). Most patients with spinal problems are treated conservatively with an MDT approach. Where surgery is required, a minimally invasive approach ensures rapid return to training.
- Language: English, Australian
- Qualifications: MA (Cantab), BM BCh (Oxon), FRCS (Neuro. Surg)
Specialty and expertise
- Speciality: Head Injury and Spine, Neurosurgery
- Sports: Concussion, neck & arm pain, back & leg pain, disc prolapse, pars (stress) fractures of the spine
- Research: Concussion, lumbar disc prolapse