Mr Jones has worked as a Physiotherapist in professional sport for the past 17 years starting his career at London Scottish Football Club and then moving to Sale Sharks Rugby, Wasps Rugby Club and finally England Rugby. Whilst in Rugby, Doug developed a special interest in the shoulder, completed his MSc and was a co-author on three published papers.
He has provided services to Red Bull over the last ten years; triaging and managing their sponsored athletes back to their chosen professional sport, the World Cup Downhill mountain bike team Trek Factory Racing and also Team GB Taekwondo.
His practice at MIHP includes intensive rehabilitation programs for those athletes who want to return to their sport as quickly and safely as possible, and he is constantly developing the range of services and treatments available.
- Language: English
- Qualifications: MSc Science of Sports Injury, BSc Physiotherapy & BSc Sports Therapy
Specialty and expertise
- Speciality: Orthopaedics, Sport injury
- Sub Specialities: Spinal injury
- Sports: Rugby, action sports
- Research: Shoulder rehabilitation and the management of Osteoarthritis